Call for scores:
Trio Alexander is pleased to announce a call for scores for our 2019 recording, a program of works for flute, viola, and harp inspired by poetry and music by, for, and about women. The work winning first-prize will be recorded and published through PoppyHarp; the work winning second prize will be recorded. Entries may be submitted between 1 September and 31 December 2018.
Composers of all ages and nationalities are encouraged to apply. Works must be newly-composed or never premiered. Submitted compositions must be composed for flute, viola, and harp, but may employ piccolo or alto flute as auxiliary to the flute or violin as an auxiliary to the viola if desired. Works should be based upon music and/or poetry by, for, or about women. Work duration should be approximately 5-8 minutes.
Prizewinners will be determined by the members of Trio Alexander. All applications, scores, and the application fee of $20 must be completed and received by 31 December 2018. The winning entries will be announced by 1 March 2019.
• All submission materials will be only be accepted through this website.
• Each applicant may submit only one composition.
• Complete the application fee through the PayPal link below.
• Submit one legible, anonymous score as a PDF. The only identifying information on the score should be the title. Do not include the name of the composer.
• mp3 recordings are encouraged by not required. (MIDI realizations are acceptable)
• For each individual file upload, include composer name and PayPal confirmation in the “Message” section of the upload.
• A composition that makes use of a copyrighted text must be accompanied by a written statement from the copyright holder giving permission to use the text.
• Any questions will be answered by a moderator, and may be directed to
• Submissions must be received by Monday, December 31, 2018.